Chickadees and berries

Hi All!   I made this chickadee card back in December and thought I had posted it but I didn’t!  I was trying some new scheduling of posts only to find out I goofed it up.

Luckily the chickadees are still here in NC and so are some of the berries that inspired this card.   We only had one weekend of snow here in western North Carolina but these cuties are still on my feeders!

I used my Cherry Stampin’ Blends markers to color my pearls for the berries.

I also added just a touch of smoky slate and crumb cake with a blender pen since chickadees are rarely pure white.   I used the Petal Palette bundle from the Stampin’ Up Occasions catalog.  It’s a pricey bundle at $62 for the clear mount.  It’s a 2 box set of stamps and the framelit dies so it’s a lot of product in one bundle.  The stamps are etched so it creates a beautiful watercolor look.

I hope you are finding time to stamp today!

This entry was posted in Front Page. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Chickadees and berries

1. Fawn Loomis says:

thanks Linda I’m going to try and get some done today

2. Tina Riddle says:

Beautiful card! Glad you shared it. This will be my next bundle. I’ve seen so many beautiful cards and projects!

3. Linda Heller says:

Thanks, Tina! Chickadees are one of my favorite birds for sure!

4. Margaret Waskiewicz says:

Love this Chicadee card Linda. TFS.

5. Carol Richburg says:

Hi, Linda!  Where are you?  I’m in Charlotte/Pineville.  If I walk across Park Road, I’m in Pineville.  :))) God bless you, Hon!!!  :)))  Oh, and I’m jealous.  We tend to get nothing but ice, freezing rain, and sleet now-a-years.  😦

His, joy

6. Linda Heller says:

Hi Carol! I’m closer to Asheville! Sure do love it here

7. Linda Heller says:

good! Stamping is great for the soul:)

8. Linda Heller says:

I agree, Tina! It’s a versatile set

9. gstarcrafts says:

LOVE this card –

10. Hello Linda,
    I just discovered your blog and videos through one of my customers. I’m a SU demo and I am loving all of your “lessons” on using our products. You are a very good teacher and design beautiful, workshop ready style cards, and I appreciate that so much. I can create my own cards with the very user friendly sketches of your cards. Thank you so, so much for sharing your creative work!

11. Linda Heller says:

Thank you, Barb! I appreciate the lovely comment!

Leave a public comment here or email me at linda@stampingschool.com to reach me directly!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w